Significant rainfall and strong winds are anticipated in Bucks County with the heaviest rain fall from 6pm Tuesday 1/9/2024 to 2am Wednesday 1/10/2024. River flooding risk is to continue through Wednesday.
Snowmelt with 4 inches of heavy rain projected has the potential of significant flooding with strong damaging winds up to 65mph Tuesday evening.
Because Three Mile Run and East Branch Perkiomen waterways are located in East Rockhill Township everyone has a role to play:
- Property owners remove obstructions from driveway pipes, private basins and easements
- Public Works ensures road way pipes are clear of debris
- Pennridge Regional Police does routine checks of all areas known to have the potential of flooding which inlcude:
- Branch Road and Schwenkmill Road
- Branch Road and Blooming Glen Road
- Blooming Glen Road at Moods Covered Bridge
- White Road
- Stone Edge culvert at Three Mile Run Road
Even with all the preparations, flooding still occurs when there are large amounts of rainfall in a short amount of time. Visit Ready.PA.Gov to be informed.
Weather Source: National Weather Service