The Public Works Department is responsible for all asphalt patching and pothole repairs on Township roads. The Township is not responsible for fixing potholes on State roadways, private parking lots, private roadways or new developments until such time as they are dedicated to the Township.
Township-owned Roadways Maintenance and Pothole Reporting
East Rockhill Township Public Works Department is responsible for repairing potholes on 37.14 square miles of Township owned roadways. The Road Department has a proactive approach to finding and resolving potholes. The type of repair is dependent upon the weather. If you would like to report a pothole located on a Township owned road call 215-257-9156. Any unsafe conditions call 9-1-1.
Pennsylvania State-owned Roadways:
PennDOT District 6 is responsible for maintaining state-owned roadways.
State roads are:
- E. Callowhill Road
- Fifth Street
- Mountain View Drive
- Old Bethlehem Road
- Ridge Road (Route 563)
- Route 313
- Section of Blooming Glen Road
Feedback Form: http://customercare.penndot.gov/
Customer Complaint Center: https://www.penndot.gov/RegionalOffices/district-6/
Snow & Ice Removal
The Public Works Department is committed to providing the fastest, most efficient response possible to snow and ice so our roads remain passable. Major roadways within the Township are plowed first followed by secondary streets and cul-de-sacs are the last to be plowed due to the time needed to clear them. All walking trails and sidewalks owned and maintained by East Rockhill Township, are considered "Low Level Priority" for snow removal. This means that once all roadways in the Township are open and clear of snow and ice, the Public Works Department will then remove the snow and ice off of walking trails and sidewalks.
For efficient snow removal, when a snow emergency has been declared it shall be unlawful for any person to park a motor vehicle or allow one to remain parked anywhere on any snow emergency route which includes:
- Greenleaf Circle
- Bryant Drive
- Sunnyside Lane
- Buck Drive
- Campus Drive
- Deer Run Road
- Pine Court
- Fifth Street (borough line to Schwenkmill Road)
PennDOT Snow Removal
PennDOT provides snow removal service on state roads in East Rockhill.
PennDOT’s roads are plowed in a sequence focused on the region’s most heavily traveled roads. Report maintenance concerns toll-free to 1-800-FIX-ROAD (1-800-349-7623).
Obtain travel conditions on Pennsylvania's interstate highways toll-free: 1-888-783-6783. Get up-to-the-minute local traffic conditions at SmartTraveler: 215-567-5678. Cellular callers, dial #211.
What You Can Do to Help
Before Snow and Ice Arrive:
- Do not park on the roadway when a snowfall of 4 inches or more is expected.
- Residents in un-curbed developments should mark their lawns with 4-foot posts or reflective markers approximately 2 feet from the road edge.
- Remove trash cans and other objects from the roadway.
After Snow and Ice Arrive:
- Travel only if necessary.
- Move your car off the street to help the plow operator provide clear travel lanes for motorists. This is especially important in cul-de-sacs.
- Do not shovel or blow snow into the street.
- Remove snow from fire hydrants to keep them visible in case of a fire.
- Clear your sidewalks of snow and ice within 12 hours of a snow storm. This is a township ordinance.
- Wait to clear snow from driveways until plow trucks have cleared all the snow from the roadway, or shovel to the right of your driveway to reduce snow pushback.