- All construction work must conform to the requirements of the Pennsylvania Uniform Construction Code. The UCC administration and enforcement regulation has been adopted for use throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- East Rockhill Township reviews under the 2018 International Building Code, see helpful links.
- Building plans are to be signed and sealed by a design professional.
- Issued permits become void if work is not in progress within 180 days after issuance, there is no activity for 180 days or if work is not completed within one year. Permit extensions are available upon written request and approval.
BUILDING & ZONING PERMITS are required for:
- New construction
- Roofing (zoning review not required)
- Deck, Porch or Patio with footings
- Generator Installation
- Structural alterations interior or exterior to an existing building
- Swimming Pool or Hot Tub/Spa
- Accessory Buildings of 201sf or greater
- Interior renovations
- Mechanical Application: only fireplace, wood stove, or gas fireplace installation
- Electric Application: only electric upgrade
- Plumbing Application: only sewer or plumbing with no other improvements
PERMITS are not required for:
- Exterior replacement windows, doors and siding which are materials in kind