COVID-19 has forced many area organizations to re-think their holiday celebrations to make them safe. Perkasie Borough has put together a "Winter Wanderland," four weekends of holiday activities.
Here are a few events that are scheduled:
- November 28, 11 am- 4 pm -- Small Business Saturday in Perkasie features a Pop-up Perkasie Farmers Market (11am - 3pm); a Santa photo bench at 7th and Market; live music; shopping and dining specials; free gift wrapping; candle-dipping and ornament-making stations; Pennridge FISH food collection; the 2020 Perkasie Star collectible ornament will be on sale in stores. Keep your shopping and dining receipts and bring them back on 12/19 for a chance to win Perkasie prizes.
- December 2-5 -- Doug Kramer's Nostalgic Train Display will be at the Perkasie Electric Department Building (120 N. 7th Street) for extended viewing hours: 4 pm to 8 p.m. on Dec. 2-3 and from noon until 8 pm on Dec. 4-5. Masks are required and capacity is limited to 25 people at a time. There may be a short wait at busy times.
- December 5, 11 am - 3 pm -- Carriage and Carols. Enjoy being serenaded by a strolling Barbershop Quartet and a free horse-drawn carriage ride as you take advantage of shopping and dining specials in Perkasie Borough. In addition to the same Nov. 28 activities, there will be a Revivals soup wagon, live window dioramas, free hair cuts from the Modern Male Barbershop bus, and scavenger hunts.
- December 5, 6:30 pm - 8 pm-- Perkasie LIVE, the area's only digital news magazine, will include many of the features you have come to love at the historic Perkasie Community Tree lighting. Tune in here at 6:30 p.m. to see: Mike Greer and his band play rockin' holiday music; Perkasie Mayor John Hollenbach recite "Twas the Night Before Christmas" in front of Santa's House: and see Santa arrive in Perkasie's town center to light the tree for the 111th time (all events pre-recorded).
- December 12, 10 am - 4 pm -- The Craftery Holiday Market (Perkasie Town Center) is a modern and unique market experience with 70+ vendors, featuring carefully curated, artisan handmade items, antique and vintage finds, fresh flowers, original art and more! This market will also feature food trucks, coffee and sweets, and live music. Reserve your FREE tickets for the Craftery Market through the tickets link! Due to Covid-19, a maximum of 600 people will be allowed at a time through the Market. This market covers an entire block of Perkasie, so these numbers are in accordance with PA State guidelines for the square footage. Please help us plan accordingly and create a safe environment by registering for a time slot and by wearing a mask for the duration of the market.
- December 19, 11 am - 3 pm -- Festive Fun. More live music, shopping and dining specials, and family-fun activities in Perkasie's Town Center.
Check this site for more events as they are added.