Spring Yard Waste Collection Starts Week of May 21
Since 2007, East Rockhill has provided curbside collection of yard waste and leaf recycling under requirements imposed by the Department of Environmental Protection under Act 101 of 1988 and Act 140 of 2006. Spring yard waste collection is scheduled by district with no registration required.
The 2018 Spring Program for yard waste collection is as follows:
- District I: Collection south of and including Ridge Road during the week of May 21
- District II: Collection north of Ridge Road during the week of May 29
Here are a few important reminders about the program:
- Have your yard waste out by the curb by 7 a.m. of the first day of your collection; once the truck passes it WILL NOT return.
- Leaves or grass clippings are NOT permitted; tree branches and brush only. No bags allowed.
- Place tree limbs and branches in neat piles at the edge of the road or driveway.
- Branches are limited to six (6) feet long and no greater than five (5) inches in diameter.
- Piles for pick-up are limited to four (4) feet wide, four (4) feet high, and six (6) feet long.
- Township employees and/or equipment are not permitted to enter private property to remove items.
- If you miss the curbside collection or have additional yard waste, the East Rockhill Township Drop-off Center is open Monday through Saturday, from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. and on Sunday, from 6 p.m. to noon for township residents and residential personal recycling only; commercial landscapers are not permitted. The center is monitored electronically, and violators will be prosecuted.
- Please do not leave bags with the leaf and yard waste.