To vote, you must be registered. To register, you must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age by the next election day.
- Be a United States citizen for at least one month before the next election day.
- Have lived in your election district for at least 30 days before the next election day.
- The deadline to register is now 15 days before an election. Find more facts about voting at VotesPA.com and Vote411.org
- You may register online at VotesPA and Vote411.
Registration by Mail
- Download the PA Voter Registration Application from Bucks County or VotesPA. Print it, complete and sign and mail to Bucks County Board of Elections, 55 E. Court Street, Doylestown, PA 18901.
In Person Registration
- You may register at the Bucks County Board of Elections Office, 55 E. Court Street, Doylestown. Contact 215-348-6154.
- PennDOT: with your application for a motor vehicle driver's license.
- Other state offices such as: Public Assistance Offices, Marriage License Bureaus, Orphan's Court, and Armed Forces Recruitment Centers.
Some rules apply at these state offices:
- Employees may help an applicant fill out the form but they cannot influence political party preference or display partisan allegiance.
- Employees may not discourage registration or alter benefits or imply that benefits will be altered by registration.
- Where the application is made may not be disclosed to the public.
- Applications must be forwarded promptly to election commissions.
You stay registered even if you haven't voted recently. An elector may not be removed from the registration rolls except:
- By request of the elector.
- Upon death of the elector.
- Upon confirmation that he has moved outside the county.
- Upon determination of a valid voter removal program.
You must update your voter registration if:
- you have moved or change your address,
- changed your name, or
- wish to change your party.
Voter ID Requirements:
- You do NOT need photo ID to vote. However, if you are voting for the first time at your polling place, you WILL need to show some form of ID, although it does NOT have to be a government or state institution issued Photo ID. Student, employee IDs, for example, are acceptable and do NOT have to have an expiration date.
For those voting for the FIRST TIME, the following table lists the acceptable forms of Photo ID and Non-Photo ID.
- Accepted forms of PHOTO ID: Accepted NON-PHOTO IDs: (must include your name and current address)
- PA driver's license or PennDOT ID card
- ID issued by a PA or U.S. Gov’t agency
- U.S. passport
- U.S. Armed Forces ID
- Student ID
- Employee ID
- Voter registration card
- Recent utility bill
- Recent bank statement
- Fireman permit
- Recent paycheck
- ID issued by a PA or U.S. government agency
- Government check
Source: League of Women Voters of Bucks County