Township Ordinances No. 234 & 239 Codified under Chapter 20 of the East Rockhill Township Codified Code Requires all Residents, Commerical and Institutional Entities to have Solid Waste, Reycling and Yardwaste Collection Service. Chapter 20, Section 105.2 prohibits the dumping of municipal waste or source-seperated reyclables and prohibits the burning of any source-separated materials including leaf and yardwaste. Any Person who shall violate any provision of the Ordinance can be sentenced to pay a fine of not more than $1,000, plus costs, and in default of payment of fine and costs, to a term of imprisonment not to exceed 30 days.
Fall Leaf Collection
Fall leaf collection will take place in November; dates announced on our Web site, in the newsletter and enews.
- Have leaves in neat piles along road frontage by 7:00am on the first day of collection for your SECTION. Once leaves have been picked up on your street, do not place leaves out for a second collection. Public Works will not return to a street once the leaves have been collected.
- Do not include rocks, sticks, trash, grass etc. with leaves. This does damage to the collection machine and results in down time for repairs.
- Township employees and/or equipment are not permitted to enter private property to remove leaves.
- Collection of leaves is weather dependent; updates to the schedule are posted to the Township website.
District I: Collection south of and including Ridge Road week before Memorial Day
District II: Collection north of Ridge Road week of Memorial Day
- Collection begin at 7 a.m. of the first day of your collection, once the truck passes it will not return
- No leaves or grass clippings, justtree branches and brush only
- No bags
- Once collection has taken place in your neighborhood, repeat collections do not occur
- Place tree limbs and branches in neat piles at the edge of the road or driveway
- Branches limited to 4-6 feet in length, no greater than 5 inches in diameter
- Piles for pick-up are limited to 4 feet wide, 4 feet high, and 6 feet long
Yard Waste Drop-off Center
Two yard waste dumpsters are available at the East Rockhill Township Resident Recycling Drop-off Center located at 1622 North Ridge Road for residents with RESIDENTIAL yard-waste. Moderate quantities of leaves, branches (under four inches in diameter) and brush are accepted. NO STUMPS, TREE TRUNKS OR LOGS. This service is for residents only and is only for their personal yard waste. No Contractors. The site is monitored electronically and violators will be prosecuted.
All yard waste MUST BE PLACED IN THE DUMPSTER provided. At times the dumpster may not be at the complex due to the vendor's schedule when it is emptied. The dumpster is emptied on an as-need basis typically every Friday and Monday.
The Center is open Monday through Saturday from 6:00 AM until 9:00 PM and on Sundays from 6:00 AM until 1:00 PM.
Thanks to a grant award from DEP the Township acquired a chipper in 2016. The chipper will be utilized to chip woody waste according to Public Works availability.
Recycling Costs Increase
For years the Township was able to operate the Recycling Center at no cost to taxpayers. That changed in 2014 adding $10,000 unanticipated expense to the Township budget.
Because recycling is built into the cost of private trash collection and offered by your trash hauler as required by law, in 2015 the recycling containers were removed from the Municipal complex.
Dumpsters for Newsprint & Paper Products
You can recycle your unwanted paper at the green and yellow “Paper Retriever” dumpsters at churches, schools, and non-profit organizations throughout the community.
Recycling at any of these dumpsters benefits East Rockhill tax payers by increasing our recycling quantities reported to DEP and contributing to the calculation of our recycling performance-based grant awards.
Single Hauler Trash District
The trash district, Pines at Pennridge I & II and Cedarbrook Crossing, receives trash service through a township-bid single hauler contract. The current contract is with Republic Services (Allied Waste) and includes weekly collection of trash and recycling and optional Christmas tree collection and monthly yard waste collection (pay per bag). Republic Services can be contacted at 215-723-0400. This service was re-bid in 2016 for the contract years 2017-2020 with additional option years 2021 and 2022. The bid award pricing and trash district map are available from links located below on this page.
Service for 2017-2020 will include: weekly unlimited trash, recycling and yardwaste collection, bulky waste collection and a Recycling Incentive Program.
Those not residing in the trash district will need to arrange for trash pick-up with a private hauler. Trash haulers in East Rockhill Township must provide both trash and comingled recycling and yardwaste collection as part of the normal collection fee. They also must provide at least one collection each of leaves and garden materials, tree trimmings, and Christmas trees.
Beginning in January 2012 which continued with the new trash district award effective January 2017, residents of East Rockhill Township may choose to piggy back on to the Single Hauler Trash District Contract to receive the same services and the same pricing for the same base contract (four year) period. To receive the pricing you must commit to the full contract period. Contact Republic Services at 215-723-0400. Any problems, please contact the Township.
Trash & Recycling
- East Rockhill Township Ordinance 254
- Resolution 2010-11
- Chapter 20 Of The East Rockhill Township Codified Code
- Current Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Leftover PaintWhat do I do with my paint?
- Dispose of TelevisionsTelevision Recycling Options
- Appliances with FreonDisposal of Appliances with Freon