East Rockhill Residents have access to a wealth of information through the Buck County Public Libraries online and through local branches. Most residents use the Samuel Pierce Branch in Perkasie, though the James A. Michener Branch in Quakertown is also convenient for some residents. The Indian Valley Public Library in Telford is also relatively close and offers Sunday hours.
Samuel Pierce Branch Library
491 Arthur Avenue
- Computer & Internet Access. Bring your laptop or use one of the public computers.
- Story times. Day and evening story times are available for ages 8 months to 6 years.
- Reading Goes to the Dogs. Beginning and advanced readers are invited to practice literacy skills by reading to bright and beautiful therapy dogs.
- School’s Out Movie Day. Watch free G-rated movies with popcorn when Pennridge School District has a scheduled day off. Adults must accompany children 9 and under.
- Pennridge Junior Chess Club. Beginning and experienced players ages 9 to 17 meet at 7 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month September through May.
- MTG (Magic the Gathering). Teens ages 12 to 17 meet at 7 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month to play the energetic strategy game.
- Teen Time. Teens meet the first Wednesday of the month (except in July and August) at 7 p.m. for a new activity each month.
- Warriors Book Discussion, American Girl, Junie B. Jones, Harry Potter and similar programs, too! Check the online calendar or call for more information.
- Lunchtime Book Discussion. Adults meet 12 to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month (except in July, August, and December). Bring a bag lunch—beverage and dessert provided. Copies of each month’s selection are available for check out. Sponsored by Friends of Samuel Pierce Branch.
- Play and Learn Bridge. Adults learn bridge by playing it. Call the library for dates and times.
- Great Books. Join others to discuss great books the second Wednesday of the month at 1 p.m.
- Books by Mail Program for the Homebound.
James A. Michener Branch Library
401 West Mill Street
Quakertown, PA 18951
Monday through Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday 10am to 6 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Indian Valley Public Library
100 East Church Avenue
Telford, PA 18969
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday: 1 to 5 p.m.